If you're living with rheumatoid arthritis, you probably already know a lot about inflammation. You know that inflammation causes pain and stiffness in your joints. You know that inflammation makes it hard for you to go about your day-to-day normal activities like work, school or caring for your family. You know that inflammation negatively affects your quality of life. But did you know that you can take steps on your own to reduce inflammation, and that fat stem cell therapy from Innovations Stem Cell Center can help?
Seven Ways to Reduce Inflammation if You're Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis
1. Take Anti-Inflammatories. Taking over-the-counter non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as ibuprofen or naproxen, or prescription therapies can help to reduce chronic inflammation in your body.
2. If You Smoke, Quit. Smoking tobacco increases inflammation levels for those living with rheumatoid arthritis or other inflammatory conditions.
3. Eat a Healthy Diet. Eliminate processed or high-fat foods from your diet. Try to eat a diet rich in lean proteins such as chicken, fish, fruits, vegetables, whole grains and olive oil. Foods high in omega-3 fatty acids, like tuna, salmon, nuts and seeds, can also help reduce inflammation.
4. Spice It Up. Some spices, such as ginger, garlic, cinnamon and turmeric, can help reduce inflammation. Cayenne pepper has also been linked to a decrease in inflammation levels. However, for some individuals living with other autoimmune conditions, such as lupus, garlic can be a trigger for flares and inflammation.
5. Work Out. A low-impact workout can help to reduce inflammation and strengthen your muscles and joints. Swimming, cycling and walking are all great ways to work out without causing additional damage to your joints.
6. Try Cold Therapy. Cold packs or cryotherapy can help to lower inflammation levels. Avoid heat or heating pads because heat can make inflammation significantly worse.
7. Try Stem Cell Therapy. If you want to reduce inflammation, we suggest you try fat stem cell therapy from Innovations Stem Cell Center. Fat stem cell therapy can help to reduce your painful inflammation and other rheumatoid arthritis symptoms.
Call Innovations Stem Cell Center today at 214-256-1462 for more information on how fat stem cell therapy may help you find relief from your rheumatoid arthritis symptoms.